Extra Virgin Minerals Liquid Foundation from “The Body Shop”
Finding the perfect foundation is seriously such a chore. I’ve always had a hard time finding a foundation that gives me exactly what I want. Good coverage, lightweight and not matte. Most importantly, from a company that I trust and know is ethical. And let me tell you, dear followers, I have found it. I purchased this foundation at “The Body Shop" and I’d like to share a few tips regarding how to buy one that will last and how to apply it so you look natural & not fake.
- Go to a store that has an application table. The Body Shop has one, and this is one indicator that they will try out makeup on you and give you a mini-consultation.
- That being said, ask for help. One of the worst things is buying something that you think looks great on you, when in reality, it’s not the thing that highlights your best features. Bring a friend and ask the sales associate for help.
- Have a few different options ready, and try them all out. Which feels and looks best on your skin? The one that actually changes you skin’s pigment is a no-no. I don’t care whether you want to look more tan or more fair, if you get a shade that doesn’t match, it will NOT look good.
- I always apply foundation on a clean face that is rid of yesterday’s makeup. Sort of like a new slate to work with.
- Primer makes all the difference. It helps in evening out you skin’s texture and tone, making your base even easier to work with.
- Apply with a clean pad or brush.
- A little goes a long way. You shouldn’t gunk on the stuff. Often times, your “worst” imperfections/ scars are barely noticeable. We are our own worst critics. So cool it with the masking process. Foundation is meant to enhance and even out your skin tone. You look even more beautiful without gunking it on. So remember: a little goes a long way.
- If your foundation is matte, invest/ make your own face refreshing spray. You can actually use the green tea toner from this past post to do that. It’ll make your face look fresh, dewy and healthy, giving you a lovely glow.
Hope this helped some of you out! If you have any foundation tips, buying or for application, feel free to share!